Andy is an award winning watercolor artist. Andy has won numberous awards and recognition through international watercolor competition featured in American Artist magazine, appearing on their cover in 2005.
He’s been featured in numerous other publications since, and has become a sought-after workshop instructor who paints and teaches internationally. He became a signature member of the prestigious Plein Air Painters of America (PAPA) in 2012 and served as their President from 2015-2017.
His paintings have won numerous awards, including the Bronze and High Winds Medals from the American Watercolor Society, and he was their demonstration artist for the 2018 Exhibition. His love of painting on location also led to him being a featured presenter at the 2014 and 2016 Plein Air Conventions and inclusion in the 2017 Qingdao International Masters Watercolor Plein Air Event.
This year will mark our 51st Anniversary as a society!
We plan to have the event both online “virtually” and in-person for those who live in the area. This will allow both our out-of-town members to enter their works and local members to showcase their work at the Port Aransas Art Center.
All works this year will be judged ‘virtually’ by Andy Evansen. Acceptance of art work will begin on JUNE 1st, 2021.
The deadline for submission is JULY 17th, 2021. All works (2 per member maximum) should be sent as a high resolution digital image.
This web page has been set up for both submission of works and the entry fee to enter the exhibition. All entries will be viewable and for sale on our website with 40% proceeds going to the Art Center. Entries will be viewable on-line after the entry deadline of July 17th, 2021.
In-person art drop-off will be August 1st from 10-12pm at the Port Aransas Art Center. We ask that all local members who are participating in this year’s exhibition hang their work for sale at the Port Aransas Art Center.
Thank you again for participating in this wonderful event.
June 1st, 2021 – Entry/Submission begins through our website
July 17th, 2021 – Deadline for entry online.
July 19th-30th, 2021 – Judging of online entry by Andy Evansen.
August 6th, 2021 – Announcement of winners and awards.
August 1st, 2021 – Art Drop-off at Port Aransas Art Center.
August 6th, 2021 – In Person Reception and Awards Ceremony at the Port Aransas Art Center
Reception 5pm – Awards 6pm
August 29th, 2021 – Pick up paintings
The exhibit is open to current members of the Watercolor Society of South Texas. Members may enter up to two (2) original paintings with a fee total of $20. Paintings must have been completed within the last two (2) years. All entries should be in aqueous medium such as transparent and opaque watercolors, gouache, acrylics, egg tempera, casein, watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons and water -soluble inks. Water based media collage is acceptable. No paintings completed under supervision or instruction are acceptable.
All submitted work must meet the following requirements:
- Maximum frame size is not to exceed 72 inches (Length + Width of work).
- Paintings must be matted and framed under plexi-glass or can be presented without plexi-glass if properly varnished.
- Floating frames are allowed as long as the work is matted (Watercolor work can float OVER mat) and the hanging wire is hidden.
- Paintings must have adequate wire hangers (no saw tooth or clip frames accepted)
- Frame must be simple and without ornamentation. Frames may be of any color.
- Mats much be white or light-colored neutral tones (a colored liner is acceptable)
- A label with the title, value, artist name, telephone number should be affixed along the upper right-hand corner to the back surface of the work. (See labels through PDF prospectus)
- All work must be for sale.
- All work is exhibited online for sale with proceeds (40% donation) going to the Port Aransas Art Center.
- Work must remain on display for duration of exhibit and on website.
- Best of Show – $400
- First Place – $300
- Second Place – $200
- Third Place – $100
- Honorable Mention (3) – $50
- All members who submit work are eligible for an award.
- Only one (1) award will be given to a single individual per category.
- Although members are allowed to submit two (2) works, only one (1) work is eligible for an award of distinction.
- Persons receiving awards will gain credit towards WSST Signature status.
hours minutes seconds
Deadline for ENTRY
Please send up to (2) works for submission after paying below.
Please send your photos in high resolution with your Iphone or Digital Device. Upload and send the photos via email to:
Please include your the following information in your email:
TITLE of WORK
DATE OF COMPLETION
PRICE of WORK
The entry fee of $20 is both for 1 or 2 entries submitted.
PRINT 2021 PRESPECTUS HERE